If you have to miss a regular weekly meeting of our club, you can make up for that absence within 14 days before or after the meeting by attending the meeting of another Rotary club, following the procedure described below.
There are other ways of gaining makeup credits, too:
- Attending a Rotary International or District Convention, assembly, or committee meeting, or attending a board meeting of our club;
- Attending and participating in a board-authorized club service project or a club-sponsored community event or meeting;
- Upon the approval of the board, attending a meeting of a service committee to which you are assigned.
How to Make Up a Meeting at Another Club
You can get credit for attending the meeting of another Rotary Club, either in our geographic area or anywhere in the world. It’s easy. Here are the steps:
Identify another club you would like to attend and find out when and where it meets.
There are at least 20 clubs in Mississippi that you could visit. Some are within driving distance of Starkville. Others could be an option if you find yourself in a different part of the state on the day our club meets. All meet at 12:00 pm (except as noted) on the following days.
- Monday — Jackson, Kosciusko, Meridian, Philadelphia, Aberdeen
- Tuesday — Columbus , Eupora, Macon-Brooksville, North Jackson
- Wednesday — Louisville, Memphis East, Natchez
- Thursday — Amory, Greenville, Madison-Ridgeland, Vicksburg (12:30 pm), West Point
- Friday — Carthage, Leland, Winona
This information is also listed on the back page of our club bulletin (The Rotogram) each week.
For meeting locations of those clubs or for the day, time, and meeting location of clubs around the world, consult the Rotary International web site, www.rotary.org, and click on the “Club Locator” button near the top of the screen.
When you arrive at the meeting place of the club you are visiting, ask to see the club secretary. Tell him or her you would like to make up a meeting with the club. Ask for a makeup card to verify your attendance at the meeting. You should expect to pay the cost of your lunch, but your account with the Starkville club will be credited the cost of the lunch you missed.
At the next meeting of the Starkville club, give the makeup card to our club secretary. If you fail to obtain a card, our secretary will accept your word; just report when and where you made up the meeting.
NOTE: If you attempt to make up a meeting at another club and find that for some reason the club is not meeting at its regular place and time, you can still be credited with a makeup. Just explain the situation to the secretary.
TIP: Traveling with other members to make up a meeting at another club is a great way to expand the fun and fellowship.